Sayulita Terrenal opened last season in Sayulita and is the third store of a chain of health stores initiated in Monterrey, Mexico as part of Amayal, Educational Health Center, which was created 10 years ago. Sayulita Terrenal's first goal is to educate people as to the meaning of live food that nurtures, through workshops, films, talks and documentaries and then have the products available here in the Sayulita Terrenal location for those who seek good health and organic alternatives
A couple from the U.S. was enjoying a return visit to Sayulita and had noticed my husband painting in the plaza. Interested in his artwork, the couple struck up a conversation and my husband soon learned their incredible story.
If you live in Sayulita, you surely know that when an emergency happens, an ambulance takes too long to arrive. In top of that If roads and bridges fall down, we don’t have too many options for dealing with an emergency.
Would you believe that only 15% of aging is caused by time alone?The other 85% is controllable by YOU. While you cannot stop time, you can understand and counteract your body’s tendencies to age.
It is the most frequent question I've had in the last month and although the response has been changing and will change as more time passes, the short answer is, yes, it is safe to visit Sayulita at this time.
Do you have a sore throat and/or a dry cough? I am concerned that in Sayulita during the last three weeks there has been an unexpected increase in patients with a viral throat infection. Although the symptoms are very mild (sore throat, a little dry cough and a mild fever,) the rate of infection is very high because it is very common for family and friends of the patient to acquire the infection very quickly.
A few days ago we had a terrible loss. A forty year-old American citizen left behind his wife and two sons, ages 7 and 13, after drowning in the north beach of Sayulita. No one is even sure how it happened as there was no rip current nor rocks to hit in that area of the beach; he simply stopped breathing after diving into the ocean. By the time we arrived, there were a lot of people trying to help him by giving him CPR.
"What the ocean gives, the ocean takes", that's what a wise Sayulita fisherman told us during the last Semana Santa when we were treating Jellyfish injuries at the beach. "Let me show you the power of Pehuano (peh-wa-no) and get me some hot water now!" - he said.
Have you noticed mosquito bites lately? Can we do anything to avoid another season with so many cases of Dengue? In recent weeks I've been asked a lot if Dengue is still at Sayulita and this question is very hard to answer because not all cases are reported and not all the patients go to the doctor. I can only say that in this moment it is safe to come to Sayulita.
If you see someone laying on the floor and you see that this person might not be breathing, do you know how to proceed? Thanks to Grupo Pro Sayulita, anyone in town can be saved by a medical machine called "Automated External Defibrillator" or AED, which is used to develop electrical discharges directly to a patient that is suffering a heart attack; and if correctly used and applied it can save his/her life.
Do you think sunburns would be a common cause of visit to a doctor here in Sayulita? I would think this could be true if you consider that lots of people come to this beautiful town specifically to enjoy sunbathing and spend a lot of time under sun exposure. The truth is that I haven't seen a sunburn patient in a long time.
This week there was a dramatic increase in cases of vomiting and diarrhea as I haven't seen before and it is quite possible that the cause of everything is the presence of a viral infection in the village
Be careful! Have you checked your shoes, clothings, luggage or Sayulita closets lately? Scorpions simply love crawling in places like these. In Mexico there are about 160 different species of scorpions that live mainly in deserts, semi-desert and tropical areas. Most of them produce a sting that develop effects that are limited to local reactions, with some mild pain and numbness of extremities or even a mild fever and an allergic reaction.